Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Crash/anxiety (trigger?)
Chichi81 posted:
This is most likely gonna be drawn out and all over the place cause I'm not thinking clearly. I do apologize

So it's been two weeks I've been slowly going down hill, after three solid days in bed I finally drug myself to the dr. With my dh by my side. My anxiety is also REALLY bad.. However the panic attacks are mostly at bed time, soon as my body starts to shut down my legs start to tremble, I'm very jerky, once that starts I go into panic mode. They last anywhere from ten minutes to a hour. Some are worse than others, but none are pleasant. Two weeks ago I had a severe one while at my friends. By the time she got me home it was the worst I ever had. I didn't think I was gonna make it home. The 15 minute drive was torture.(no I wasn't driving) I was shaking, short of breath (gasping for air) sweat pouring, then started vomiting, and hives started across my chest. My body aches after them from my muscles constricting. My dh try's his best at night to comfort me. Majority of the time I curl myself up in the fetal position and he just try's to form himself around me and hold me telling me I'm "ok." He try's to get me to talk, but nothing comes out. I just wish I knew what triggers them, and why at bed time?

I feel horrible for my dh. He tries his best to understand. But how can I expect him to fully understand, when I don't understand it either. I don't mean to lash out at him or take it out on him. He deserves better. He really is a great guy for putting up with me when I'm like this

Anyway .....after going to the dr telling him about the past two weeks, three days in bed, mood swings, irritability, crying, racing thoughts/suicidal thoughts, panic, feeling worthless, poor appetite, dramatic weight loss.... he added buspar to my cocktail. So I'm back up to six meds.

Any input on why anxiety is coming at bedtime? Any feed back on buspar? Anything would be greatly appreciated, I can't handle feeling this way day after day AFTER DAY!!!!!

slik_kitty responded:
are you in therapy? therapy can help you find out what is triggering this and help you fight it with new coping skills.

Chichi81 replied to slik_kitty's response:
I was...but haven't been in a while. It's kinda far and getting rides there isn't so easy

slik_kitty replied to Chichi81's response:
it's worth getting into again. it will help you, cuz meds alone won't solve the problems.

Carl_1970 responded:
Hi,

I had unbearable anxiety a few days ago. I am taking diazepam for my anxiety, which is helping.

Good luck,

Carl

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

new
hello everyone.. new to this..hope to talk to others who knows how it is having bipolar. More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.