Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
My Mom/ Trigger
bpcookie posted:
Most of you know that my mother has been battling cancer for about 18 or more months. After my family got together two Fridays ago, she went down hill. Her last wish was to see all her kids, together and she got her wish. Yesterday, Mothers Day, I called and they held the phone up to her ear. She was able to respond to me. She said she loved me and I told her that I loved her more and she giggled. Everyone said that it was so strange how she was able to talk a bit with each of her kids yesterday. My brother said it was like a miracle. Then once she talked to all of us, she then laid down and hasn't been responsive since. My sis called this morning and said that mom probably only has hours to live. So now its the Pacing Game. Im just pacing back and forth, anxious, kinda sick to my stomach, just waiting for that call.

Thanks for all your support.
Please join my community called GRUMPY GROUPIES ( http://exchanges.webmd.com/grumpy-groupies ) Fun and serious topics, nothing is taboo. So get on over there. Weirdo's are welcomed.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

DizzyJgirl responded:
(((Cookie)))
I am glad you talked to your mom and got to hear her giggle. Even in that situation, you made her happy. Thinking of you and sending lots of warm thoughts and hugs. xox
Live Life Loud

melly2210 responded:
{{{{Cookie}}}}

I am so happy that you got a chance to hear her giggle and to tell and hear about the love you share. That is a really beautiful thing.

Sometimes, people wait until they can have closure in their final moments of life. I am praying for you and your family. I hope that everything becomes completely peaceful for all of you.

Hugs and kisses and lots of cuddles. Go ahead and pace. [TRIGGER> Not sure if you believe in God, but he has a plan for your mom. Love you!! And we're here for you!

Melly

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson

slik_kitty responded:
hugs

bpcookie responded:
Thanks to everyone. I told my hubby that we would probably get a phone call at 2:00 a.m., I was close, at 2:15 I get a call from my sis to tell me that mom had passed. We are all so glad that she passed with out any pain. So now she is with her mother, just like she wanted to be.
Please join my community called GRUMPY GROUPIES ( http://exchanges.webmd.com/grumpy-groupies ) Fun and serious topics, nothing is taboo. So get on over there. Weirdo's are welcomed.

DizzyJgirl replied to bpcookie's response:
((((Cookie)))) Thinking of you. May you find peace in your memories. xoxo

Live Life Loud

ddnos replied to bpcookie's response:

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Cookie}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Thinking of you

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

melly2210 replied to bpcookie's response:
{{{{{Cookie}}}}}

I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Melly

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson

jselleck replied to melly2210's response:
Cookie, I'm so sorry to hear about your step mom. If you need to talk, I'm hear for ya. You've got my number. Will be thinking of you the next few day. Take care. ((((((((((HUGS)))))))

Jess

slik_kitty replied to bpcookie's response:
so sorry cookie. huge hugs

bpcookie responded:
I would be so lost with out you guys. You all have been a great support to me. I couldnt have better friends.

Today wasnt too bad but Friday night will be a different story, that is when the funeral is. Im having a procedure done Friday morning in hopes it will help my pain so that Hopefully I wont have to take pain meds.

Thanks for everything. You are all the best

Love ya Cookie muahs

monkeybee replied to bpcookie's response:
I'm so sorry for your loss Cookie; I'm thinking and praying for you and your family.

bpcookie replied to monkeybee's response:
Monkey bee, Thank you sweet heart.

ibex7 replied to monkeybee's response:
So very sorry for the loss of your Mom, Cookie. I was busy this week in a partial nephrectomoy. So I didn't get to write. - goat
Sometimes you don't mean to say what you mean to say you mean.

bpcookie replied to ibex7's response:
The funeral was so touching and so very beautiful. The room was completely full and ppl were even having to stand.

Thanks so much Goat. So sorry that you had to have a Nephrectomoy. I hope your doing well.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
110 of 127 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.