Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
I'm bipolar and my 16 year old was just DX too
julianne07 posted:
I'm new to this chat room. New to any. I'm not the type of person who reaches out.

I've been dealing with Bipolar disorder and anxiety for 15 years now. My oldest daughter who is 16 was just Dx with it.

She was showing signs of depression 3 years ago. I had taken her to a therapist for a possible answer. The therapist said she was borderline depression then.

She hated her therapist so I discontinued her treatment.

Soon after I had some life altering problems in my life. My daughter
suffer too. We then, her and I, that she was to live with her father in another state.

As I worked on my issues she visited me.

I found out that she was self harming by cutting or should I say carving
her self. I brought her back home. I promised her I get help.

She was home about a month when she told her step father that she was planning on killing herself. He talked her into going to the hospital. She was admitted to a hospital in another county because of space.

She was inpatient for 4 days. I knew, from experience, that she lied her way out. At the time I wanted to believe her. A few days later she was admitted into a near by hospital.

2 weeks she was their. And is now in outpatient since Tuesday.

She doesn't really want to talk to me. I've had problem her whole life. She saw me do horrible things to myself. She's seen me suffer.

She's very mean to me. I'm a trigger for her she constantly tells me.

I don't know how to deal with this. I work hard to keep myself balanced. Now I'm coming apart at the seams.

I realize that I need to support her. But who supports me now that it's all about her in my house.

Any advise???

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Kee pyour head up
Don't let this illness bring you down. Always keep you head to the sky because someone is watching you and I. Sometimes this illness can ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.