Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
The Sky Is Falling/ possible triggers
bpcookie posted:
Hello all, I am so stressed out. I have a hard time falling asleep because I have so much on my mind. So much going on all at once and none of them are good. I even dream about these things and I wake up with bags under my eyes. I can't take a nap because of the same thing.

First my step mother passed away and I still find myself crying about that, my friend passed away a few days ago and the service was yesterday and I couldn't go because I just couldn't handle it. It was way too close to my step mother passing away and another funeral service was something I couldn't deal with. I feel bad about not going. I'm so stressed out about the surgery-ish that I will be having 9 days. I'm like freaking out about it and I'm so scared. Tuesday they need to do pre-surgery blood tests and I will also talk to the Dr. one more time to make sure we are both on the same page. I do NOT want him screwing things up and causing me to have another problem. I haven't had surgery done in ages. I haven't been put under anesthesia in ages. I am not afraid of dying, but I am afraid of what will happen to my loved ones if I do die. I know, really stupid thinking about that. But I have to have everything covered if that should happen.

Anyways, had to get that off of my chest. Hope you don't mind.

Love ya guys. muahs
Please join my community called GRUMPY GROUPIES ( http://exchanges.webmd.com/grumpy-groupies ) Fun and serious topics, nothing is taboo. So get on over there. Weirdo's are welcomed.

bpcookie responded:
OMG, how could I forget this. My aunt is in the hospital. I just found out the other day. I'm worried about her. I love her so much. So, I'm freaking out about that. My mind just wont shut up.
Please join my community called GRUMPY GROUPIES ( http://exchanges.webmd.com/grumpy-groupies ) Fun and serious topics, nothing is taboo. So get on over there. Weirdo's are welcomed.

DizzyJgirl replied to bpcookie's response:
((((Cookie)))) Wow, you are under a lot of stress.
My old therapist worked with me a lot on letting things go.
Like with your friend's funeral. You did what was best for you. It doesn't diminish what you felt for your friend or the fact that you are grieving. Your friend knows where your heart is. Do not feel bad about not going.
It is only natural that you would still be grieving for you step mother and of course, your friend.
What is going on with your Aunt? I hope she is getting better.
As for your surgery...yes, talk to the dr so you can get all that set in your mind and be on the same page with the dr. Try to look on the positive side. This might be exactly what you have been waiting for. I wish I could be there to go with you.
Vent anytime! Take care...thinking of you and sending hugs! xox
Live Life Loud

latelinda1946 responded:
You have lots to deal with and I just would like to suggest taking it slowly, one issue at a time and remain calm, as much as possible. I have found in my own life, difficult issues seem to cluster, many in short periods, then better for awhile. Repeating cycles, like river rafting calm water, then rapids over rocks, then calm, over and over. I am 66 now and dealing with deaths of family and friends is difficult and more frequent. Not in my control so I try to be supportive of others in mourning.
Wanted to say though about upcoming surgery, I have survived 40. Have faith in your surgeon and try to focus on wellness and survival.

bpcookie replied to DizzyJgirl's response:
Oh honey, I wish you could be there with me too. My mom is taking me there and is staying the night for a few nights to help me out. Thanks darling. muahs

bpcookie replied to latelinda1946's response:
Wow 40? that is a lot. Your absolutely right, issues seem to cluster. I feel bombarded right now. If I could get some good sleep then that may help a bit too. Also, Im perimenopausal, one minute Im crying, the next minute Im mad at the world. Its not easy being a woman. Thanks so much for your reply. hugs

latelinda1946 replied to bpcookie's response:
Well, about sleep, I have had some times that nothing helped until I was so exhausted, my body would demand some rest. I also have FMS and am Insulin dependent(#40 surgery, removed half my pancreas and tumor/cyst) anyway, I was prescribed Lyrica and Flexeril. I bought Melatonin over the counter, I take all 3 an hour before bedtime. Seems to be working for me now. I have tried some other prescribed meds for sleep in past, but felt drugged for hours after waking. I have had so many health problems that have pretty much ruled my life, I try to stay positive, but is difficult, for sure.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 91 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.