Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Need advice before seeing doctor, possible trigger
latelinda1946 posted:
I am Cherokee Nation Citizen and use Indian Health and CN clinics. I have had 40 surgeries, most due to having ruptured appendix and gangrene at 11. I only have a portion of my small intestines, my Jujunem attached to ostomy, my spleen was ruptured in surgery in 1987. I have survived gangrene infections in my abdomen 3 times. My gallbladder ruptured and shot stones into my liver and pancreas in 2009, then tumor removed with half my pancreas in 2011, so I am now Insulin dependent. I have FMS/CFIDS, Hypo-thyroid and arthritis of spine, etc. Last surgery was 5 hours of removing mesh and metal clips, repair of 5 hernias and stoma, before pancreas. I am a mess, I am incontinent and my skin is not holding bag appliance, I am having lots of immune system problems and have developed more allergies to drugs and adhesives, latex, etc. I had 3 month episode of Guillien Barre, partial paralyzed after bowel rupture and pneumonia in 2001, so I cannot take flu shots now. I have been forced into being a hypochondriac, due to my health problems and issues. I try to pretend like I am normal as possible, but it has been tough. I try not to let my issues get in the way of living. I have been on Prozac and thyroxin for 15 yrs, Lisinipril and pregablin this yr. trying chantix to stop smoking. Take melatonin, citrical, and flexeril and tylonol nightime. I am overweight, but have problem with absorption, so I take vit d and shots of b-12. Insulin twice a day.
my problem with IHS doctors is they do not always have meds in pharmacy, they get cheapest generics. Also, I have to see GP to get referral to psych and it may just be PA counsellor then back to GP to prescribe meds. I need to know more about what meds I can take with drugs I am on and if should stop prozac...not really working anyway. They do not give pain meds and not really anything to help sleep problems. I tried ambien and had nightmares and was sluggish in morning...None of over the counter sleep aids work for me. The melatonin seems to be some help, I had not yawned in over a year, but now can. Can you please tell me about meds before next week? June 25th is appt. Thanks for any advice.
slik_kitty responded:
prozac is an antidepressant. you need to be on a mood stabilizer. part of your inability to sleep may be mania. we can't tell you what meds will be best for you because we all react differently to the meds. there are so many different meds out there. good luck.
ddnos responded:
Hi Linda,

You sure have your plate full! Like Kitty said, none of us here can suggest meds for you to take because what works for me may not work for you. Also, you have a pretty complicated case and so you need a specialist who can sort out all your meds, and that specialist would be a psychiatrist. If all your doc wants to do is refer you to a PA, then let him/her know that that is not what you want, but you want to see a psychiatrist because that's the kind of doctor who specializes in the meds you need.

Also, as what Kitty said, people with bipolar tend to need both an anti depressant and a mood stabalizer..or just a mood stabalizer, but usually both...but just an anti-depressent tends to induce or cause mania in a person. So I would check with your doctor on that.

I'm sorry that you have so many health issues going on; I can imagine how frustrating that must be!

Hang in there and be sure to advocate for yourself to your doctors! Sometimes that's the only way to get anythnig done!

Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

hello everyone.. new to this..hope to talk to others who knows how it is having bipolar. More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.