Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
MercyGive
monkeybee posted:
Hi Mercy!

I just saw a post from you and thought I'd say hello! I've always loved seeing your input because it is always so thoughtful and sweet and I miss seeing you around since you don't post very often. I saw a post from you a long time ago where you said you start to feel like God is testing you and you know it's time to call and have your meds adjusted. That struck me because my illness can present in that way too. Anyway, I hope you are doing well and that your depression has gotten better. ((Hugs)) to you!

Sarah

mercygive responded:
Hugs your way Sarah!

Thank you for your sincerity and encouraging words. Good to see you on the board too! I have not been on the board for several months because I have been either extremely irritable or depressed and tired. I have not been able to connect with people well. I stumble for thoughts and the right words to join in conversations let alone be supportive. For now, I feel better so I thought I would stop by because I miss the friendships here.

Do you live in Indiana? Summertime is a lot cooler there than in Texas. It sounds like you are enjoying a wonderful time with your kids outside under the sun. How are you doing with your pregnancy and mediations?

Yes. I often have thoughts that God is testing me and I think that is common for Christians. I need to be alert for thoughts that lead to Christian martyrdom.
A little yoga goes a along way

monkeybee replied to mercygive's response:
I'm sorry you've had a rough few months and I am glad you are feeling better!

I live in KY, Indiana's neighbor, lol. I am having a rough time in this pregnancy, I've been unstable the whole time and I'm taking medicines that are sometimes unsafe in pregnancy. My pdoc says I have to take them because the benefits of the meds outweigh the risks. It is disheartening, but I believe it will be ok. I only have three months left though then I just have to get through the post partum period. I won't be able to nurse either because of the meds and I nursed my other 2 for a year...I have faith this baby will be fine though, despite everything.

Anyway, enough rambling, lol. Thanks for asking about me. I hope you continue to feel better and stay that way! Talk to you soon!

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
107 of 124 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.