Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Chronic stress and halluncinations
An_252399 posted:
Hi all! I was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder and was wondering if anyone with the same disorder, has had their hallucinations worsen when under a lot of stress? I seem to be experiencing chronic stress, and episodes of agitation as of now, not for a prolonged period. It is on and off most of the time.

jselleck responded:
An252399, Like you I experience hallucinations sometimes, usually when I'm really really stressed. I've found what works best for me is a lot of deep breathing and if that doesn't help, counting to 100. Sometimes a hot shower or bubble bath helps too, anything to help me relax.

Jselleck

An_252399 replied to jselleck's response:
Thanks, I will have to try that.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

new
hello everyone.. new to this..hope to talk to others who knows how it is having bipolar. More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.