Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Hello-Possible Trigger
biPolar555 posted:
Hello everyone. I am back from a brief stay in the hospital. I had to be admitted to a mental health care facility last Monday and am back at work again today. Things just got to be too much for me and I had a suicide plan. I had hurt myself a couple of days prior (burned my arm-I have never cut, just burned).
I had never been in a facility like that and was terrified the first night. The staff and other patients were awesome, however, and by the next day I was feeling much better. I stayed there for 5 days and learned so much about my illness and myself. I wish I had gone there years ago.
So anyway I'm back and I missed reading all the posts. I hope you are all doing well and that you have a blessed day.

Penny

slik_kitty responded:
welcome back. glad you feel better.

biPolar555 replied to slik_kitty's response:
Thank you

dibbits0530 responded:
Hi Penny

I haven't been on here alot over the past 3 years. I am glad you were able to find your way in and out of such a facility. So many people out there are stigmatized by mental health issues. Once understood, it is kind of like following a daily diet plan. What I learned from my last stay (6 days) fills an encyclopedia. This has something to do with the nature of my complete illness which was thought to be BP but isn't. Kudos to you and best of the best to you.

david
Take from each day, all that it gives to you, return only to it, nothing less than the very best that you have to offer.

biPolar555 replied to dibbits0530's response:
Thank you

Mick1987 responded:
Possible Trigger

Hi Penny,

I went through the same type of thing back in February. My stay in the hospital turned out to be a good thing for me too. Not only did I learn about my illness, but for the first time (as far as I know), I was around people who shared the same illness and experiences. I didn't feel as alone. Good luck!
Mick

biPolar555 replied to Mick1987's response:
Thank you

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
109 of 126 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.