Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Has anyone ever had this problem?
biPolar555 posted:
I spent last week in a mental health facility and now I find myself thinking about it a lot and wanting to go back. I can't imagine that most people would feel that way and am wondering if anyone else has ever had those feelings.

sandtiger responded:
I've had those feelings often before. When I'm out, if I start longing to go in it's usually because I'm extremely unbalanced.

The thing is, for a lot of people admission is like locking yourself in a haven - a safe place. That's exactly how I've described it to others; a safe place, quiet, with no pressure and little stress. My brother, on hearing me say that, said it sounded like a vacation of sorts - a time away from things for a little while.

I can go months without thinking twice about admission, but when things turn for the worst, when everything gets terribly hard to bear, it's always there as an option.

~ San
:: Living is more than just being alive - Anberlin ::

biPolar555 replied to sandtiger's response:
Thanks so much for your reply. That's exactly how I felt-like I was safe from all the stress and pressure of my life. I was so scared to come out when I was discharged, but at the same time I missed my family and wanted to see them. I still want to go back pretty badly but hopefully that feeling will pass soon.
Thank you for showing me that I'm not the only person who has felt this way. I feel less "weird" now

livluvlaf4221 responded:
i've felt that way too....
it is a stress free environment and a safe place.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Medications for BPD
Please get a second opinion if you have chronic problems with your BPD medication. I changed doctors and got a proper diagnosis from ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.