Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Hi all-Trigger
An_252399 posted:
Hi beautiful people,
Lately, I've been finding it hard to cope with my episodes while at work. When I get highly stressed or agitated, I know I am going to relapse into my hallucinations/delusions. It has caused my inability to function properly around the people I work with. Sometimes I may seem hostile or show my depressive state and at other times I feel completely fine/happy. It's a definite roller coaster, and it's as if I am job hopping. Job hopping, as in, hoping to find the least stressful job. I'm still looking around for the right job. On a daily basis, I have interactions with a high volume of people, strenuous labor and the job is very fast paced. As of now, I feel highly irritated and stressed, accompanied with auditory hallucinations and few visual. I know this may sound strange but I see, mini ufos flying and while I am at work I hear negative commentaries throughout the day. It's bothersome and hard to grasp what is reality and what is not reality. It blends in so well with the environment. And normally they are familiar voices. The doctors I've been to could not give me a complete diagnosis. They just listed me as experiencing psychotic symptoms. Anyone applied for disability and what was the process like?

biPolar555 responded:
I know exactly how you feel, and I've been doing the exact same thing since I started working. I have had high pressure jobs and have always left to find something less stressful. I have never been successful, and have finally realized that it hasn't been the jobs-it's me. I can't handle any amount of stress well and when it gets stressful at work I am always looking for another job in the hopes that things will be better. I have realized what you need to consider: it is not going to be any better as far as finding a "stress free" job. That job doesn't exist and we need to stop looking for it. I am going to try to hang in at my current job until I can get my short term disability. Once I get that going, I am going to apply for Social Security disability. I'm tired of running from job to job hoping in vain that things will improve. Hope this helps you

emily5887 responded:
I agree that if you keep looking for the perfet job you will always be looking I do that with job and with my undergraduate schooling. It is not always the job but us in that it's our ability to cope with stress. Your job may have more stress than you can handle or you may not have enough ways to cope with it. For me I need to mostly be able to go at my own pace. I am good with interacting with lots of people I'm good with social. I'm not so good with loud, negative on demand type jobs. When I say I'm doing the best I can I need that to be enough not well you need to do or or do something else because we need more. I didn't mind sales but my supervisor was very inflexable with hours I didn't get time to see my family while he took 2 days a week off to coach little league and I have to be late to my brother graduation. I now work part time as an executive assistant to the VP of my local hospital. I'm good with people I'm good on the phone and I know my way around a computer. It's still stressful it's a busy office but I work with understanding people and I have ways to cope with my work load and other situations of my enviroment. Good luck think about positive coping and apply what works and see if it helps

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

new
hello everyone.. new to this..hope to talk to others who knows how it is having bipolar. More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.