Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Arm Pain
An_252664 posted:
My daughter's (almost 3) arm was pulled and now it hurts for her to move/bend it. She says it hurts on the inside of her elbow and sometimes says her hand hurts. She can still bend her arm and move her wrist fingers (though it hurts). We are going to let her get a full night's rest and see how it is in the morning (her activity level is normal and she is only in pain when she moves it). We gave her children's tylenol. Does this seem to be a sprain? How long would something like this typically take to heal?

momuv4girls responded:
Just wanted to let you know this Community, is the Bipolar Disorder one........not parenting - BUT, I do have a thought here....

My youngest daughter had this happen twice to her, and it was actually her elbow joint got pulled out of socket - - a Dr. may need to re-set it for her.

The first time it happened, we waited like you, but the second time it happened, we took her to the pedi right away.

This is not uncommon in young children with loose joints - a trip to the pedi and they can fix it ASAP.

Take care,
-Kathleen

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
108 of 125 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.