Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Overcoming fear, possible triggers
monkeybee posted:
We finally (recently) got my lithium to the correct dosage and it has done wonders for my mood. Finally I feel normal for the first time in a very long time. It's wonderful. I still have a ton of inexplicable anxiety though and I have so many fears around my mental illness still. My biggest fear is about post partum. I know how high the likelihood for an episode after birth is. It scares me. No matter how much I say I'm done worrying, I find myself worrying. This illness has consumed both my life and thoughts for the last year. I am exhausted from worrying about it and living it. Now that I finally have peace, I'm worried about not having peace again. It's a useless cycle.

jselleck responded:
Glad you have the correct dosage finally. That makes all the difference in the world. Having never given birth myself, I can't say anything about the risk of post partum, but I'm sure you'll pull through. Just remember your coping skills and that we're hear for you when you need us.

monkeybee replied to jselleck's response:
Thank you, Jess!

jselleck replied to monkeybee's response:
No problem girl!!

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
69 of 92 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.