Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
I'm back from TKR folks
dibbits0530 posted:
Hi

Just typed a post and lost it before it was sent. Boo-Hoo so I will do the cliff notes. as it was quite windy. 3 day hospital stay account pain meds prevented me from spurring a fast decision. My last night was without a nerve block. Imagine a femoral nerve block plus 2 percocet every 3 hours. Was it necessary (the percocet)? Probably not. So Tuesday night (Monday was surgery), they took out the block as it was not working any more. I opted off the percocet. Said to God that all the focus on pain nonsense had to go, put some Sacred music in my earbuds, was place on the machine designed to move your leg to promote circulation, iced up the knee and inner thigh kicked on the old CPAP machine and slept through the rest of the night...no pain. Yes. See the key the pain management is to know where your pain comfort zone rests. Doesn't matter what level it is, when the spikes come they are only relative to a reflexive movement, then back to the comfort zone. 2007 pain management was pain control. 8000 mg of darvocet, 2600-2800 mg of neurontin, depakote, carbamazepine, prozac, wellbutrin. Whhooo Wheee baby Jean! Family expected me to function normally through all of this. Uh Huh! Well ashes to ashes we all fell down. Sad. No house everything in the house sacked I working on selling it.

Anyway...Today is day 7. 2 percocets to sleep with diclofenac for inflamation and pain. That comfort pain level for the knee? 0 Yeah tell my muscles and nerves that. Knee 0. spikes are usually 2-4 but jump to 7 if I tighten up and stop breathing. I walk 6-12 feet inside my apartment unassisted. Cane unless my legs need geritol. Outside. 1000 feet continuous movement walking no stops. Tomorrow - begin 3 weeks in home therapy, then 4-6 weeks OP PT. Smokin! I should be fine. I am living on my own and for the most part am taking complete care of myself right now after surgery. Medicos prefer you to be in a Rehab center.

That's the cliff notes. Embrace God, Embrace Christ if He is yours, then Embrace your Sweetie. Live life through love for it is the only one you have until paradise then the fun begins if you behave your self in the interim.

Ciao for now!

Much Love everyone

david
Take from each day, all that it gives to you, return only to it, nothing less than the very best that you have to offer.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Bipolar II or BPD?
I have been diagnosed with Bipolar II , OCD, Stress/Anxiety/Social disorders and am currently taking medication. I have noticed that my ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.