Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
what are the chances
An_252842 posted:
Hello everyone,
I have a few questions about bipolar, my mother is diagnosed with bipolar and double personality and my younger brother is also diagnose with ADHD and double personality. Not sure yet if he was diagnosed with bipolar..... But when I was younger I went through a lots of things a child should not go through I will not get in detail but it was bad. I never seen a doctor to talk about what happen, its now been over 20 years since then. Now my questions are what are my chance of being bipolar I get very down at times and very happy or really angry at time per example if i'm down i think of the worse i want to die and i don't think life is worth it. When I'm really happy i feel like i can conquer the world and do everything I've always wanted to do and then when I'm angry I feel like i can punch the person on a brick wall. I have been realizing that I paranoid a lot I always think someone is talking bad about me. I've always had problems keeping my relationship weather it was with a bf or a friend or even with family and I also notice i have a hard time keeping a job i paranoid too much about what other think about me. Now I need to know if this sound like I'm schizophrenic paranoid or I'm bipolar The reason why I'm posting that is because I have have no one to talk to about it I don't have friends or family to talk about it and I don't know who to talk to about it if anyone out there feels the same way how did you cope with all that and what actions did you make to change your lifestyle I'm just so clueless of whats happening to me why i feel like that and what i can do about it
thanks in advance

mattthecat responded:
An_252842 I am not a medical professional but if even you are beginning to worry then get with some one who is. Tell your primary care doctor what you just wrote above. Or see if there is a mental health clinic in your area. I was in a similar situation to yours a while back. I grew up with bipolar/ mental illness all around me and had symptoms of ADD. I skipped my doctor went to a mental health clinic, (the same one were my wife got diagnosed with bipolar) they had a doctor give me a check up /order a blood test and I saw a psychiatrist who checked me out on the mental side. It was determined that I had ADD, they set me up with a psychiatrist for medicine and a councilor they had on staff to coach me on my ADD.
So to sum up my post yes there is probably something going on and you should seek help From a doctor and or Psychiatrist a soon as possible. You may not want to over think this just go in get it checked out and see what happens.
Just my two cents.

Matt

someonewithquestions replied to mattthecat's response:
well thank you so much for the reply I just don't have a family doctor to talk about it but I shall go to a clinic and ask then if i could get ref note to seek metal health doc. Hopefully all my problem will get better and i can get answers to my questions by a professional thanks again

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
112 of 129 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.