Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Includes Expert Content
anxiety from Latuda
An_252920 posted:
pdoc wanted me to try Latuda, but it is making me very anxious, and bitchy.... YUCK!

Joseph F Goldberg, MD responded:
Dear An,

Latuda was approved by the FDA in just the last month as an antidepressant for bipolar depression. Previously its approval was just in schizophrenia. There are no data in mania. The dosing ranges from 20-120 mg and it is usually begun at 20-40 mg/day. In bipolar depression most patients who responded were taking at least 60 mg/day but a gradual build-up may be needed in some people to minimize side effects. It appears to not cause weight gain or changes in blood sugar or cholesterol, making it an attractive alternative to other atypical antipsychotics.

Dr. G.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

TO DROP MY WEIGHT, I DROPPED THE DIET SOFT DRINKS.
Been on Zonegran for about five years and a type II diabetic for 35 years using metaformin and insulin. It appears the jury is in for me on ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.