Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Bipolar disorder? HELP
An_252966 posted:
I am currently diagnosed with epilepsy and mood disorder nos. it was major depression then depression nos then mood disorder nos. however though, I am highly, convinced that my moo disorder is in fact bipolar disorder. For epilepsy I was taking depakote ( which I know is a mood stabilizer). But I was seizure free for two years and weaned off it. I became SEVERELY depressed. I went from Prozac, to Zoloft, to Zoloft with abilify. Nothin worked so I went back on depakote. I have been on it for about 4-5 weeks now but don't really see a dramatic change. I think I have had hypomania before, possibly mania. within my whole lifetime, especially with all the craziness and med changes. Basically I am so conviced I have it that I will "be at peace" when I finally get my answer. PLEASE HELP. ASSESS ME, SOMETHING.

ddnos responded:
Hi, I'm sorry, but we are not doctors here and therefore, not qualified to diagnose you or anyone. You need to see a psychiatrist to be properly diagnosed.

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

An_252966 replied to ddnos's response:
Well I would appreciate if you could just assess me and see if I meet the criteria not a full diagnosis

ddnos replied to An_252966's response:
Well, I would if I could, but I'm really not qualified. Even if I were remotely qualified, there's not enough information about you provided to make even a half way, close to accurate assessment. I dare say that even a qualified psychiatrist couldn't do what you are asking here, on this board, with such little information.

Some of us could guess, give opinions, or whatever, but if you want a true and accurate diagnosis so that you could be treated accurately, I would see a qualified psychiatrist. If you are already seeing one and you don't believe he/she is competent, then I would see someone else for a second opinion.

I'm sorry that I can't do what you are asking. Like I said, I would if I could.

Take care
Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
110 of 127 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.