Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Might be bi-polar
Brothers8809 posted:
Lately little things set me off. Whether it be toys left out, my husband always watching baseball or playing on his phone, or my kids are acting up. I feel like I am happy one minute and just like a light switch I can turn into this person that I hate. I yell, act out, say things that I don't mean. That's not who I want to be. Any advice or information is greatly appreciated. I feel alone.

ddnos responded:
Hi, I would suggest first, seeing your regular doctor to rule out anything physical, and then if things are Ok there, I'd ask for a referral to a good psychiatrist for an assessment/diagnosis, and then go from there based on what you find out from either professionals.

Best to you
Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

finnessawilliams responded:
Have you tried the symptom tracker that webmd has? That could give you a start, you can review it and print it out. You should definitely should see your doctor about how you are feeling. The majority of us on this site have had a very long consistent history of symptoms including attempted suicide, ideations and sever depression. The mood swings are only part of our symptoms.
You might want to try doing something for yourself. If your husband is watching baseball, take that time to go get a massage.
Sometimes, just taking the time out to take care of yourself can make a big difference.
I don't make light of how you are feeling, but I do recommend seeing your doctor and alternative forms of therapy before medication because it can be exhausting and hard to adjust to.
I wish you all the best in discovering what is going on in your health.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

TO DROP MY WEIGHT, I DROPPED THE DIET SOFT DRINKS.
Been on Zonegran for about five years and a type II diabetic for 35 years using metaformin and insulin. It appears the jury is in for me on ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.