Skip to content


Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
i have bipolar
cat001986 posted:
was toll i have bipolar i do not like being near ppl i take pills for it thay r called st.john's wort 0.3% thay help now my boyfriend left me he could not take it any more i need some help i need pills that will help me more the st.john's wort 0.3% helps but i need something more plz help me find the answers i need plz
ddnos responded:
Hi Cat, and welcome to the board!

St. John's wort is not a medication for the treatment of bipolar. Who diagnosed you with bipolar? I would recommend that you make an appointment with a psychiatrist for proper treatment. If you were not diagnosed by a doctor, then I would first see the psychiatrist (pdoc) to be properly diagnosed.

If you have any more questions or concerns, don't hesitate to post again.

Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown
cat001986 replied to ddnos's response:
yes it was a dr i was about 18 wen they toll me i have been on pills i have a dog she help me but she can not come and stay with me right now i live in a apt by my self now i am going to to go to a psychiatrist i just want to get my life back THANK YOU

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Screen out people who can't seem to "get it"....
There are some people who can't or won't understand at all. My wife is bipolar, and some people are more understanding than others. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
36 of 42 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.