Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Sweet Saturday Daily Post - May contain Triggers
ddnos posted:

Good morning!

Weather: - 60 and cloudy

Sleep: - too complicated to explain

Mood: - good

Plans: I will be doing everything that I wanted to do this past week but didn't - I did some ironing already, cleaned the living room, will make bed, clean the kitchen, then go shopping in hopes of finding some clothes, try to think of a couple dinner dishes I can make so that I can freeze in individual servings, then go grocery shopping and cook them over the weekend, then if I have time and energy, will continue working on refreshing my MS Word skills with an excellent book I have; and try to catch up on some emails either today or tomorrow. I want to try to get as much done this weekend as I can before the possible difficult week due to reducing my med another half a pill as of yesterday. I don't know how it iwll go, but usually the first 1-2 weeks I feel a bit yucky both physically and emotionally/mentally - but maybe I won't this time. I saw my doctor last Tuesday and she wanted to see me again this coming Friday because she knows I may not be feeling the greatest. I really like her a lot! She's young, but she's good. Not insinuating that she can't be good because she's young lol but just saying that because I'm used to having a doctor much older than me.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and weekend, and don't forget to be good to yourself!

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

ibex7 responded:
Beautiful weather in Illinois. Sleep: a major change for better since cool nights and new meds regimen. Camping w/grandkids tonoc. BTW, think of you often, ddnos.
Sometimes you don't mean to say what you mean to say you mean.

ddnos replied to ibex7's response:
Thanks, goat.
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

melly2210 responded:
Afternoon

Weather: The usual. Hot and humid followed by rain

Sleep: tossed and turned

Mood: Anxious, scared, worried

Plans: Woke up early and tried to go back to sleep. Got up, paid a couple of bills, cleaned the living room. Worked on the photos I am putting on the mural. Watching some tv hoping it will calm me. This afternoon, we will be going to a family therapy session for ds1 at the crisis center. The meeting is going to include his dad, whom I believe is still in complete denial. Depending on how that goes will determine if ds1 is discharged or not. I'm very worried about this session. I have to stay calm for ds1's sake, but I still feel really pissed off at ex. Ds1 told us both yesterday not to come to the first visitation since right after is the counseling session. His dad called me wanting to know if he'd called me too because he would be very hurt, angry and upset if we were going to visit. Told him this is not about him, but that went over with him trying to start an arguement. I told him I was not going to discuss it. That I was keeping ds1's best interest in mind and when he continued, I told him I would see him today and ended the call. I suspect that this meeting today is going to be more about ex than it is about ds1. I'm afraid of what I am going to say in this too. I don't want to sound pissed off at the ex, but from all indications, he was the WHOLE trigger to this episode. It's been coming for a very long time now. Wish me luck

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson

mercygive responded:
RELIGIOUS TRIGGER

Dallas is sunny and hot; mood is good but easily agitated; sleep is good for most part but restless.

The week started off with an 18-wheeler flatbed driving in the right lane, carried a 10' tall steel cylinder and jackknifed and flipped up into the air and landed on its side within just several feet in front of my car. I managed to come to a stop and no one rear-ended me into a 10'X 30' solid steel wall that expanded across 3 highway lanes. While I was driving something inside me said "stay in the middle lane" when I really wanted to drive in the left lane because I knew my turn was coming up. When the accident scraped to a stop, the tail end of the flatbed had pummeled the car in the left lane into the concrete divider and the cylinder fell off the flatbed and impacted the car's passenger side as well. I sat there, in the middle lane between the car and the truck, and stared straight into a 10' tall wall. Not a scratch! I was shaking like a leaf when I called 911, then I started to drive around the truck and it was a very very tight squeeze so I crept and then"026 the demon in the car behind me yells out her window "can you hurry up!"

When I am restless and severely depressed and want to control my destiny I have the urge to step out into traffic. What was God saying to me if anything? Here is the traffic you want to step out in front of, but you depressed your brakes to avoid death! I have a plan for your life, hand over your control and put your trust in me! You're in danger and I had to send an angel to protect you stay alert! ???

At the end of the week I confronted someone, face-to-face, who dissed me behind my back. Thing is, I rarely initiate a confrontation with people I know. It had to be done. I don't why this guy has taken a disliking to me after 10 years of friendship, but he has to know that I can as easily approach him as he can me, and I did get my boss involved who would have rather slithered out of it.

Today: Blew off getting eye plugs for dry eye this morning and I don't know why because my eyes are on fire and I use eye drops constantly. Wash laundry on floor that should've been folded and wash new laundry on floor. Need to replace inaudible phone so must upload pictures first and I am afraid I won't do it right and lose my photos, but must transfer service to affordable prepaid plan. Enjoy the sun outside with a glass of lemonade.

Enjoy your weekend and peace to all -
A little yoga goes a long way

ibex7 replied to mercygive's response:
Mercy,

My best neck nuzzles, hun. Try to slow down and relax. It sounds like you're speeding K?
Sometimes you don't mean to say what you mean to say you mean.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Patience for the Holidays and every day life
Tips 1. Boredom can make it difficult to be patient. If you're waiting in the doctor's office and the only thing you can concentrate on is ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.