Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Natural help for bipolar
bipolarchic75 posted:
I am a bipolar II I am currently not medicated as I can no longer afford my medication or doctor visits because of the high copays and high deductible of my insurance. My bipolar is out of control, I need help but have no where to turn to get it. Are there any natural remedies that are safe that may help until I can afford to see a doctor/therapist again? I am desperate and am willling to try anything that I can afford.

ddnos responded:
Hi,

YOu can contact www.pparx.org for free medications. I don't know your situation or how much money you make, but you could contact your local Medicaid office to see if either 1) they could help you with your doctor co-pays or 2) they could direct you to programs for those who can't afford.

If you don't know where your local Medicaid office is, here's a link that can help you find it - http://www.northeastcenter.com/links_medicaid_offices_by_state.htm

Best wishes to you

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

ibex7 responded:
County Medical Assistance Clinics offer (ususally) free care to get you started and counseling about services that are available to folks like you in their areas. Call any ER near you for professional information about help in your region. Best Wishes - Goat
Sometimes you don't mean to say what you mean to say you mean.

jselleck replied to ibex7's response:
Try Fish Oil. It's supposed to help with mood and memory issues. Or at least that's what I've been told. Good luck.

JSelleck

skypper responded:
Other than those listed above, my pdocs of past have recommended fish oil and B-complex supplements.
Try getting yourself onto a regular schedule with sleeping, eating and being active, exercise helps me a lot mood wise as an outlet for negative feelings and stress and also makes me more tired and likely to sleep at night.
Avoid alcohol and too much sugar and caffeine and drink lots of water.
All natural things that anyone can try to help improve moods, it won't happen overnight, like anything it takes time, but I bet if you try you will notice a difference.
I hope you can find some of the free and low cost alternatives to help you get back with your tdoc and pdoc.
~Sky~
I had to fight like hell and fighting like hell has made me what I am.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
110 of 127 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.