Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Hospital bound
jmpoet posted:
Say my psychiatrist on Thursday and he recommended that I go inpatient to stabilize me after I had gone off my Abilify (with his permission) three weeks ago. The massive anxiety I'm having is just too much to deal with. I'm trying to stay home over the weekend and see if the 10mg Abilify dose he put me back on does anything. My fiance' is being so supportive, and I just really don't want to go back inpatient. It feels like a failure to take care of myself. However, I feel like I am just "existing" here. I'm on so much Xanax that I sleep a good portion of the day, and feel drugged when I'm actually awake.

Not looking for a solution here, just commiseration. Thanks.

ibex7 responded:
To comiserate, jmpoet, My last hospitalization came after stability that spanned over 10 years. Due to an accidental overdose of lithium, 4 days of anxiety then by 7days back to being myself, I recovered.

The guilt you have is, I think, a normal feeling. Have patience, and be positive. Look forward to better times.
Sometimes you don't mean to say what you mean to say you mean.

jmpoet replied to ibex7's response:
Thanks for the commiseration, ibex7. It really was heartfelt and helped me to read it.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Screen out people who can't seem to "get it"....
There are some people who can't or won't understand at all. My wife is bipolar, and some people are more understanding than others. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 40 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.