Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
THREE WEEK waiting period
jmpoet posted:
More on the outpatient saga...just heard back from the hospital and there is a THREE WEEK waiting period for their intensive outpatient program. Sigh. Now I'm not sure what to do. It seems I might be forced to go inpatient just to get some freaking mental health care. This just makes absolutely no sense. Going inpatient, is, for me at this time, overkill. But I need something to help me here. Staying home alone all day is going to drive me crazy. Waiting three weeks is not an option.

Sigh.

melly2210 responded:
I really feel that if you think you need help and aren't going to be able to hold on, then a crisis center would probably be your best option. They may even be able to push you into an intensive op program earlier. Yes, it may be overkill, but sometimes we just need that break. For me, it always changes my perspective of life...and mine always looks way better once I am in there.

Just my 2 cents

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson

jmpoet replied to melly2210's response:
Thanks Melly, for your 2 cents. I appreciate hearing back from someone with their input.

I think that's the way things will go. I've put a call into my MD and am waiting to hear back.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
69 of 92 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.