Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Tummy Troules Tuesday - may contain TRIGGERS
melly2210 posted:
Morning/afternoon all

Sorry I haven't been around a lot. Been very, very sick.

Weather: Appears hot and steamy but I haven't gone outside yet

Sleep: Good, but it's been a marathon

Mood: Better

Plans: Attempt to gain some strength back from whatever it was that I had. Fevers as high as 104.9. Both ends working overtime. Sorry for the TMI. Only good thing is I lost 5 lbs in 2 days. Wooohooo! NOT. I might try to do dishes and cook dinner, but it's going to depend on how long this spurt of energy lasts OR that my fever doesn't return. The boys started school yesterday. DS1 is in his JR year of high school. Darn I feel old just thinking about that. DS2 is in 7th grade. Doesn't impact me feeling as old as I do when I think about DS1. Time flies way too fast. They've returned to their dad's for the school year and the house sounds like a tomb. But other than being sick, things are good. Last week I managed to navigate the public bus system. I even walked through downtown while I waited for a bus. Went to lunch down streets I didn't know. Proud of myself. Oh, and I even tried riding a bike. Put a card in the spokes like we did as kids. Helps me to know how fast I am going. I was shaky and swerved all over, but with practice and improved confidence, I will be able to do that again. Had to take a double dose of my anxiety meds when I was finished though. Everyday I take something back, and everyday that doom and gloom mood lifts more and more. Look out world!!! Here I come!!!

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson

mercygive responded:
Good evening,

Melly - You inspire me!

Weather: Hotter than

Sleep: 5 hours or so

Mood: Good as long as I can have a lot of space to myself.

Plans: Worked. Had permanent silicone plugs inserted into punctums. Hopefully, I will no longer have to do eye lube ritual at night and use eye drops by the gallons. I am going to exercise right now!

Sweet Dreams
A little yoga goes a long way

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
69 of 92 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.