Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Includes Expert Content
dl1dl2 bipolar depression
dl1dl2 posted:
I posted a discussion about 15 min ago, I need some advice on how to deal with my depression. I am on anti depressants but they don't seem to help. Aren't they supposed to help with depression what is wrong. I need advice pleasssssse
Joseph F Goldberg, MD responded:
Follow-up: there are no studies to show that antidepressants treat depression in bipolar disorder; if they are not helping, that is a common enough occurrence to prompt considering the FDA-approved options mentioned in my earlier posting. Dr G
dl1dl2 replied to Joseph F Goldberg, MD's response:
what is your earlier posting what anti depressants will help with bi polar depressants
davedsel replied to dl1dl2's response:
Here is Dr. G.'s earlier post:
dl1dl2 replied to davedsel's response:
with this link I am unable to pull this up is this a disscusion or is it information about bi polar
davedsel replied to dl1dl2's response:
That is a link to the discussion where Dr. G. answers your question. Here is a copy of his reply:

"Dear dl1dl2, The FDA-approved treatments for bipolar depression are Latuda, Seroquel, or Symbyax. Worth discussing each of these treatments with your doctor before considering any other, (technically) experimental treatments like antidepressants or other medicines. Dr. G."

Just scroll down the page and you will find your other discussions.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
115 of 132 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.