Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Monday Holiday Moaning Daily BiPolar Post - May Cause Trigger
davedsel posted:
Hello, all. Definitely Monday Moaning in our house today.

Another thing I looked forward to when I was working was holidays. Most of my career was working for large local banks, so I got and enjoyed lots of them every year.

I think I did post yesterday that my wonderful wife twisted wrong Friday in the pond and her back pain level is way up. She is taking enteric coated aspirin, her muscle relaxer (she only takes that if the pain is really bad), icing and mostly laying in bed. She is walking around the house (only when absolutely necessary) with a walker. Things seem to be getting a little better now.

Yesterday I got a call from my eldest niece. She is only 2 years younger than me as her mother, my late half sister, was 14 years older than me, married at 16 and started having children at 18. Anyway, her younger brother passed away unexpectedly at age 50. He was in the hospital, flat lined three times but they could not revive him after the last one. They are doing an autopsy because there is no apparent cause at this time. This is a huge shock to our family and we are very sad. My nephew Dean is survived by 3 sisters, one brother, his father, other family and friends.

Mood: Sad about my nephew and about my wife's pain. Dealing with my own physical chronic pain as well with gets depressing.

Weather: Partly cloudy and 75 degrees. Humidity still rather high at 83%.

Sleep: Pretty good, but awake several times for a few minutes each time.

Plans: My plans for today are to take care of my wife as she needs and wait to hear about the arrangements about my nephew.

To those newer posters who have posted discussions about their significant others having uncontrolled bipolar, I just want to say I am sorry you are going through this and praying for the right solution for you.

Have a blessed and marvelous Monday, folks.
Click on my avatar picture or user name to read my story.

-Blessing,

Dave

melly2210 responded:
Dave, I am so very sorry about Dean passing. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Please remember to take care of yourself during all of this.

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson

melly2210 responded:
Afternoon

Weather: hot and muggy

Mood: Depressed. Nothing more to say about that.

Sleep: Lots, but still achy, sore and tired

Plans: I was up at 4am. Watched some tv. Went back to bed. Now I am up and watching Transformers with hubs. We're grilling ribs up later. I've prepped the dry rub for them. Will make mac n cheese and baked beans too. Early to bed for me because it is back to school tomorrow. I have 2 classes left and then I am done with this part of my training.

Have a good Labor Day everyone.

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Screen out people who can't seem to "get it"....
There are some people who can't or won't understand at all. My wife is bipolar, and some people are more understanding than others. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 40 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.