Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Tuesday daily bipolar post/poss. triggers
bpcookie posted:
hello dahlings

weather...hot

sleep...terrible. woke up at midnight and could go back sleep. having pain in my upper leg joint. it feels like its out of place. Went to urgent care but they couldnt do anything. told me i needed to see my chiro. for now i am using crutches when needed.

mood. ok i guess. too tired to know or care

plans....nap and i have an apt. with my dr. who is taking care of my vlsc pain. be will make an apt. for me to have the nerves buned with acid. kinda scared. if it works. that part of my body will have no feeling.

Ive been thinking about you all. love you,muah
Please join my community called GRUMPY GROUPIES ( http://exchanges.webmd.com/grumpy-groupies ) Fun and serious topics, nothing is taboo. So get on over there. Weirdo's are welcomed.

davedsel responded:
Hello, everyone.

Weather: Cooler (in the high 60's) and drier (humidity at 70%). Some rain today.

Mood: OK. Sad about my nephew passing. Relieved my wonderful wife got a chiropractic adjustment today and her back pain is a little better. Happy our eldest son starts classes at ITT Tech in two weeks working for a degree in Network System Administration. That was my career. Anxious about applying for a mortgage modification due to both my wife and I being disabled now. So, a whole mixed bag of stuff.

Plans: Drove my wife and her mom to mom's doctor appointment, went to lunch at Denny's, took my wife to chiro. Came home and made returned two phone messages and sent an email. Relaxing now and the rest of today.

I pray you are all having a blessed and terrific Tuesday, folks.
Click on my avatar picture or user name to read my story.

-Blessing,

Dave

mercygive responded:
Good evening all -

I need some help. Read on towards the bottom and tell me if you have the same concerns I do about hyper-inflation, or if you think I am going overboard.

Cookie — Even if you still experience pain, it sounds like you have a good doctor who will see you many visits to help you. Xxxxoooo

Dave — Good luck with your loan modification. I started refinance to lower house payment and loan has been in underwriting for over 2 months now and they want more information, it is ridiculous.

I have been freaking out about hyper-inflation and survival, and this weekend I spent hours researching survival methods and charged a lot on my credit card which is not good. My husband is going to flip when the 55 gal water storage tank and accessories are delivered. All I need now is a potable water hose to make non-contaminated water from the garden soffit. I have also done research on how to make chafe fuel in case we lose our ability to cook food on our stove. We will have to use extra care because the flames are invisible. I am tempted to take off the planks in the middle of the deck to dig a hole for concrete cooking pit.

Today, I realized that it may be time for a therapist visit. I will have to charge that too, and all I can say is my husband is going to flip.

Sweet dreams and give me your honest opinion please
A little yoga goes a long way

melly2210 replied to mercygive's response:
Hmmm...Is this a sudden concern and you just decided to act on it? If so, I'd call it manic activity and agree you need to see probably both your tdoc and pdoc.

If it's something you've been thinking about for a while, then just slow down on the processes. I have a friend who is as green as it can get, and she's been working on converting her entire home to being "green." Her ultimate goal is to be off the grid completely except for phone service. Right now she does the rainwater collection and is 1/2 way through the solar panel installation.

In my opinion, since my brother is the bunker full of supplies and weaponry (they say I'm the crazy one...hmmpfff), I figure if something happens, life will change or it will end. My personal belief system holds faith in that. I prepare for storms, but that is about it.

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson

bpcookie replied to mercygive's response:
Mercy hun, I think that planning ahead for super inflation is a good idea. You have now become what they call a Prepper. Im a Prepper. I have prepped for the possibility that my hubby loses his job. Also I have prepped for a Black out and also riots. Preparing for the worst is a good idea, as long as you dont go overboard to the point that you spend all your money or that it becomes an OCD thing.

take care sweet heart. muahs
Please join my community called GRUMPY GROUPIES ( http://exchanges.webmd.com/grumpy-groupies ) Fun and serious topics, nothing is taboo. So get on over there. Weirdo's are welcomed.

mercygive replied to melly2210's response:
Melly,

Thank you for responding. I haven't had a chance to respond until now. The two questions you think I should ask myself is a good place to start. I don't know if I am manic, panic or ocd, maybe all three. First, let me say that I don't believe everything I read. I began to research survival methods a couple weeks ago and I got very serious and fixated about the specifics this weekend. I have been ruminating for months now about what could happen in the event of hyper-inflation. I have always been interested in going green but it is an expensive alternative that most people cannot afford including me. I also did a lot research on solar panels this weekend and thought about charging the solar panel system and installation on my credit card, thought about the government incentive programs, but I would go over my card limit and the purchase would be denied. I thought about opening another credit card account. I am also going to research the Amish way of life because they seem to have done well without all of the conveniences.

It is smart to prepare for emergencies. I think the 55 gallon water tank was a good investment, but I want everything now and I am willing to spend twice the amount for shipping if I had ordered it standard delivery. I am surprised that I bought just one. I think I have a hoarding problem. The water is not just for me but for my community and neighbors should the need arise. I don't want to stop the research even though I believe it has contributed to my very irritable mood.

Your brother has a bunker and artillery, I thought about buying a gun too but I have never owned a gun to avoid self-harm in case I get too depressed. I think about riots and marshal law, and how I would destroy everything in my home into one big garbage dump, how looters would give up walking over the dump, and would think I had already been looted. I think about how much money I should bury even though the US dollar is worthless. I wonder where I am going to store food. I am training my dog new tricks to get things for me in case I cannot physically move. I will need to store enough dog food so my dog won't turn against me. Maybe I am not a danger to myself and others because I have dealt with all of the feelings and thoughts associated with my paranoia. I think I need to wean myself off of my psych meds because my meds do not allow for me to stop cold turkey without health issues, and I am pretty sure our government or the pharmaceutical companies will not be dispensing expensive psych meds out of the kindness of their hearts when our economy takes a dive. There is never enough I can think to do.

Your personal belief is realistic. I do have ptsd and maybe my behavior is tied to my past experiences. I have always imagined that my past experiences will help to prepare me for a repeat of all the things that could have destroyed or killed me. What is realistic to me is that life can change for the worse in a heartbeat, and the thought of that makes me want to be proactive and take control over something I know I have no control of and the thought of that is driving me mad

mercygive replied to bpcookie's response:
Cookie,

My response to you is the same as I responded to Melly.

Thank you for your support in my prepping for the worse to come. I like the word 'prepper' lol. I need to try to stay away from the computer, but it seems impossible and I am comparing prices on amazon for everything.

I have prepped for the same things you have above. I don't know how to prep for riots except to buy a gun but that seems futile as everyone will have a gun and be shooting at everything and everyone. I thought about dismantling the stop signs and using the long metal poles for defense. If things get that bad I don't think of taking city property is theft because my property tax payments have paid for it over and over again.

Black outs - you bet! Oil for oil lamps, matches, flash lights and batteries. We have a first aid kit but I don't know if what is in it is enough. One thing that I have always wanted to do, but never made the time is to take first aid classes and get certified. This would be a good use of my time and get me away from the computer. I want to do it, but I need to be reminded because other thoughts override me.

When I drive or shop I look at everything I can use to protect myself, street signs, lights, where the water meters and sewers are. I need to research how to make things out of everyday house items. I think I am going to print out my searches and start a survival notebook because I cannot possibly remember everything I have researched.

Anyway, maybe we could talk about this more on the grumpy groupies? Thanks honey!

bpcookie replied to mercygive's response:
For riots I have planned on what to do for that. I bought some very long screws, I will take down all the cupboard doors, all the bedroom and bathroom doors and any wood that I can get from any where else in the house. Screw all of those things over all the windows, from the inside. We have a security doors so our outside doors wont be easy to get through. Also, I will take planks of wood, hammer long nails through them and place them on the inside of the house at every window. If someone breaks in, the nails go right through their feet. That will slow them down. I have other plans also, but I would have to right you a book to explain them all. . Love ya.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Medications for BPD
Please get a second opinion if you have chronic problems with your BPD medication. I changed doctors and got a proper diagnosis from ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.