Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Includes Expert Content
Dr. G - have you heard of him?......
ddnos posted:
Hi again Dr. G. - are you aware of the name, "Dr. Ken Gillman" who resides in Australia? If so, do you know if his claims are accurate - the following claims: "I am an internationally acknowledged authority on Serotonin Toxicity (ST), aka Serotonin Syndrome (SS), and also an expert on Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome (NMS), MAOIs and drug adverse reactions and interactions, especially those relating to MAOIs, TCAs, SSRIs and SNRIs."

Just curious because I've never come across a Psychiatrist (or in his case, retired psychiartist) who claims to be an expert on MAOI's. I want to pick the brains of anyone who knows anything about MAOI's, especially someone who is considered an "expert." Unless only HE considers himself an expert in the area. lol

I did email him and did reply and wants to discuss my situation via Skype - it would just be nice if at least you could say you know of him and that he's legit, you know?

Thank you

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

Joseph F Goldberg, MD responded:
Dear Debbie,

I don't know this doctor, or his work, but a quick check of Medline (www.pubmed.com ) shows that he's published a number of review papers and letters in the medical peer-reviewed literature on topics related to psychopharmacology and serotonin syndrome. Sorry I can't give a more informed opinion.

Dr. G.

ddnos replied to Joseph F Goldberg, MD's response:
Ok, thank you Dr. G.!

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
110 of 127 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.