Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Whats next?
SuzieQ56 posted:
I'm new member, diagnosed with BP 12 yrs. Lost my insurance so I have not had meds for 8 days. I am wondering what to expect or lookout for. Medically: I have had not had a seizure, which was a fear. I am a mess. But if I can get thru the complete mental disorder I would rather try to live non medicated. My hope is that the total disorder I am feeling is a detox issue and not a permanent state. Any comments out there?

davedsel responded:
Hello.

Have you discussed your loss of insurance with your doctor? Perhaps he/she can provide a good amount of samples to get you through until you can get your prescriptions filled.

Are any of your meds generic? Many pharmacies offer generic medications at a very low cost. You can check into that.

Why did you lose your insurance? Are you eligible for Medicaid? Can you look into any health insurance programs offered by your state?

Did you have seizures before going on prescription medications? If so, then that should inspire you to do more research as I suggested so you can have the medication you need.

I pray you can get the answers and help you need son.
Click on my avatar picture or user name to read my story.

-Blessing,

Dave

ddnos responded:
Go to http://www.pparx.org/ for the free medication program. Go to their site and they have a phone number you can call and they would be able to tell you over the phone if you would qualify for the meds you are taking. I would do it ASAP
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

SuzieQ56 replied to ddnos's response:
You are wonderful. Thanks for being a caring person. hugs

bpcookie responded:
Hello Susieq, Welcome to the board. Daved and Debbie both have good suggestions and inf. The only thing I can add is that we will be here for you and can give you the support you need. Take care.
Please join my community called GRUMPY GROUPIES ( http://exchanges.webmd.com/grumpy-groupies ) Fun and serious topics, nothing is taboo. So get on over there. Weirdo's are welcomed.

SuzieQ56 replied to davedsel's response:
I finally visited my doctor (Out of pocket $$) she has me on a medicine hunt. I was very surprised when she said I did not need to make appointments but to leave her messages at the appointment desk and she would write the prescriptions. So I have 2 of my medications. Thanks

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 91 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.