Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Anxious about meeting new tdoc on Thursday
WolfFaerie7 posted:
I just found out today that I'm meeting my new therapist on Thursday but not the one I was originally assigned. Not sure what to think of this development at this point. Maybe it will be a good thing instead of the bad thing I'm anticipating it to be right now. I also started an exercise program today feeling sore and achy all over. I'm hoping this helps too. I could use positive thoughts and prayers. Thank you in advance!

Wolf

ddnos responded:
Hi Wolf,

Why are you anticipating the session to be bad? Do you have a specific reason?

One thing that helps me is knowing that it's not like I will HAVE to stay with the tdoc if I don't like her. It's my choice. So I go to the first appt and letting that tdoc have a clean slate. If I like her and we connect, great - but if we don't, it's not the end of the world.

I think sometimes we make too much out of things. So maybe try not to give it so much power and know that it will be fine no matter if this tdoc ends up being someone you continue seeing or not. It's your choice.

Good luck!
Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

WolfFaerie7 replied to ddnos's response:
I think part of the reason I'm anxious is that I've not had therapy in nearly two months. Thanks in part to insurance issues. I was really happy with my old therapist and had made alot of progress in my healing journey.

I also have had bad luck with therapist abandoning me just when we start making real progress together as team. I know I shouldn't judge my past experiences to new ones. But I've learned to be leery of the process because of it. I think I need to journal about this to ease my mind some.

Wolf

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Screen out people who can't seem to "get it"....
There are some people who can't or won't understand at all. My wife is bipolar, and some people are more understanding than others. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 40 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.