Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
What Is Her Deal?
dianne222 posted:
I am a bit obsessed with my ex gf it's because I love her so much that I am trying to figure out what is going on and keep my sanity while doing so. Let me begin by saying we are both bi-polar so there are a lot of emotions flying around. I am distraught and terrified that I have lost even a friendship with her. She doesn't answer my calls, she ignores my texts, IMs, I wrote her a few letters but Im sure she threw them away. She was at my house Monday and everything was fine then suddenly she has blocked me from facebook, telling me to leave her alone, not to approach her, that a friendship won't work, I make her manic, we aren't allowed in each other's family's so it wouldn't work that God doesn't want her around me or with me. She goes to a christian counselor and that feeds into her religion trigger what do you guys make of this. She kissed me and held me so when we got in the fight I said what about monday she said "f" monday it meant nothing I was manic. So is this bad bipolar on both parts or a goodbye for good.

slik_kitty responded:
do either of you have your bp under control? cuz it will keep going back and forth like this if one or both of you do not have the bp under control.

dianne222 replied to slik_kitty's response:
It is driving me crazy. She didn't have her respiridal for a few days how should I handle this so I don't go crazy.

ddnos replied to dianne222's response:
Hi, if you don't mind my jumping in here, but what do you mean,"how should I handle this so I don't go crazy?" re her not taking her meds for a few days? She's an adult, I presume, and if she's not going to be responsible about her own mental well being, then there's nothing you can do. It's her choice to take or not take her meds. Equally, it's your choice to take care of YOURself or not. If your own stability is important to you, then you need to decide if this person helps you to become or maintain stability or does the opposite; and then do accordingly. You said in your first post that you are obsessed with your ex - maybe you need to let her go and let her remain your ex, and if you are in therapy, maybe look at why you are so obsessed with her. Obsession is a red flag that you might want to look at.

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

nycgal448 responded:
I have the same Exact prob too, except he is my ex.
i am also borderline personality. just recently diagnosed.
He playz games, hot, cold, hot cold. today i wuz like
if ya want we can be frenz. we r both bi polar too. It is
extremely tough dealing w a person w a mental illness
in a relationship, let alone 2 ppl. I say move on and see
what happens. gl

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Kee pyour head up
Don't let this illness bring you down. Always keep you head to the sky because someone is watching you and I. Sometimes this illness can ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.