Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
venting
ddnos posted:
Ok, so this is officially going to be a whining fest for me because I'm tired of it. I know that with chronic pain, there are times when the pain is more tolerable and times when it flares up and is bad. Right now and for the past 2-3 months, I've been going through a flare up, and the pain seems to be worse than normal flare ups. Not only that, but I have an additional pain that keeps me more immobile. I have always had difficulty with my feet being sore - I have days where I can walk and they don't hurt or barely hurt, and other times where they are worse - but never have they been like they have been the past 2 months! Walking has been my saving grace. I could generally walk 2-5 miles a day and though the days I put in more miles, my feet may be sore, I was still able to do it. Now, I can barely walk a half a mile before my feet are killing me AND I end up paying for it the rest of that day and the next day. So I don't want to go anywhere because it hurts my feet too much, which in turn, causes my low back and right hip to get to a pain level of 8 and 9. It's a catch 22 because normally I would feel better both physically and mentally by walking as much as possible, but I can't, so it makes me feel worse physically and mentally by staying inside. I'm oh so tired of this flare up! I just got off the phone to make a 1st appt with a new chiropractor for next month in hopes that she will help.

Also, this past Tuesday I got fit for some new orthotics for my feet that have been proven to be much better than the best of the high end orthotics. I've been wearing orthotics since age 14 and though they serve the purpose for why i need them, they certainly don't help with other pain. These new ones are suposed to be much better, but I won't hold my breath. But I will kiss the man who developed them if they significantly help take away some of my feet pain!

On top of everything else, as of the past week, I also have a literal lump my throat that at times and in certain positions, makes it hard to swallow and breathe. I see my doctor tomorrow, so she will have a look at it. Likely, she will order an ultrasoud because she checked almost a year ago and thyroid was slightly enlarged. Maybe it has gotten worse.

Ok, no more at computer - too sore, and feet and legs too swollen from sitting. need new body

debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

slik_kitty responded:
aww hugs. sorry you are in so much pain. i hope your doctor can give you answers.

jselleck responded:
Debs, sorry you're having so much pain. It's never fun when our bodies rebel against us. Hope you feel better soon. Take care.

J

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
69 of 92 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.