Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Muscle Spasms/Depression/Can't win
cpwitter29 posted:
Hi all I am new to this forum and I am glad I found somewhere I could express my thoughts. So about 4 months ago I took a bad knock to my shoulder leading to an impinged nerve in shoulder. At the same time I was studying for an exam, and I studied so much that I wound up hurting my neck. I found out 2 months ago I have a bulging disc C3,C4. I have done everything my doctor recommended physical therapy 3 times a week for about 5 weeks and I just had a relapse. My neck was feeling better and all of a sudden I started to have spasms again. I work long hours at sittng at a desk at my new job, and I feel depressed, because I feel like my neck will never get better. Worst part is during the winter I will be putting in 12-14 hours days 6 days a week so I will not be able to get off work for physical therapy. I just had a relapse I feel like this pain will never subside,any advice greatly appreciated. (I am a 22 m and I know I am way to young to go down the road for surgery yet)

ddnos responded:
Have you considered seeing a chiropractor? You might find more success going that route if you find a good one!

Sorry you are in such pain!
Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

JUST BREATHE!!!!
I did it! I'm where I need to be. I'm in waiting room, listining to a suggested song~ Fast Car ~ My all time fav. Thanks for the reminder. ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.