Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Scars
1961ron posted:
I've had 5 surgeries which have left many scars, some are very big. I've also got other scars. My family seems to think that a hot tub would be great for my body. But I would have to wear a full suit, shorts and shirt. I do not want anyone to see all the scars and then try to explain them all. I do not attend family functions and would rather be alone. I do not like family functions or even going to the beach for fear of seeing my heavily scarred body. I get this feeling of being sad and angry at the same time. I take 100mg Seroquil 2x daily, 300 mg at bedtime. Wellbutrin 150mg 2x daily. Xanax 1mg 3x daily. Pristiq 100 mg 1x daily. Valium 5mg at bedtime. I really don't mean to whine, I just feel lost. I've called the crisis line and told them how I feel and was nearly committed, so I don't do it anymore. Lost and confused

ibex7 responded:
Well, 196tron,

I use regular facial cosmetics to cover my facial scars, moles, pocks, and vericose veins. Having a career in Medical Diagnostics Sales, it was rarely noticed.

Now retired for two years, I shave my balding head for a more stylish look and guess what ? ? ? While riding bicycles with my youngest grandson, I ran off the trail into a gravel bottomed ditch. Landed on my lovely stylish pate!

Now I'm known and the bald guy with the big red splotch on his head. Doesn't bother me much though. It gives me an opportunity to tell them about my marvelous athelete grandson! Hee hee. Your scars are part of your biography. Try not to be too sensitive about yourself. Be kind to who you are.

Best Wishes
Sometimes you don't mean to say what you mean to say you mean.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
109 of 126 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.