Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Includes Expert Content
Just started Saphis, and OMG is this normal?!
shania09 posted:
Started yesterday, dissolved it under my tongue. And about 20 or min later, I felt like I drank a case of beer! By myself. I got dizzy, kinda nauseous, so did not like that feeling. Is this something my body has to adjust too? I am taking 5mg of saphis, 200mg lamictal once a day, and klonopin .5mg when needed. If I am going to always feel that way, ummm no thank you.
Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.....

Joseph F Goldberg, MD responded:
Dear Shania,

Dizziness or nausea are possible side effects with Saphris (you've taken the lowest dose). If they occur, they are usually short-term side effects until your body accomodates to the medicine. Make sure when you place it under your tongue you don't eat or drink anything for at least 10 minutes to assure its absorption.

Dr. G.

shania09 replied to Joseph F Goldberg, MD's response:
Ok thank you very much! I am really hope it works, so far it has with the sleeping part for sure! "63A
Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.....

jselleck replied to shania09's response:
I've never had that problem when I was on Saphris, but like Dr. G said I was always told to make sure it dissolved totally and not to eat or drink for 10 minutes after. Hope you have the cherry flavored kind, because the non flavored is nasty. Good luck.

J

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
69 of 92 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.