Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
need help
lost43 posted:
I feel lost and alone right now. not sure what to do. I have a husband I cant talk to and don't want to bother my children. I think I might loose my job because I haven't gone in for awhile to medical issues. I was told by a family member today that bipolar and other things have been in are family. I have been hospitalized be for for issues but now I cant even function anymore. I dont know what to do.

ddnos responded:
Hi there, I'm sorry you are feeling so lost and alone right now!

I am curious, so have you been diagnosed with bipolar, or you are just wondering if because some other members in your family have been diag with it, you may be also? Please know that having a family member or members diag with bipolar does not automatically mean you will be too.

If you have not been diag by a professional, I would first set up an appointment with someone to discuss your problems and concerns with. If you do get diag with bipolar, know that it's not the end of the world. Diagnosis with bipolar is not a death sentence, Ok? But if you are having difficulty in your life right now, it's best to see someone for proper diagnosis and treatment BEFORE it gets worse and more difficult to control. You CAN learn to function again regardless of what you are diagnosed with as long as you are willing and wanting to get help and participate in your own recovery! It's more than possible!

You said in your title that you need help - try to define exactly what kind of help you need and want and then seek out that help.

Feel free to post here as often as you like! It has been pretty slow around here for a while, so sometimes replies don't come as fast as we like.

Hang in there!

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
69 of 92 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.