Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Non Entity
tintie100 posted:
I'm 63yrs. old and am treated like a nobody by my three adult children.
I was finally DX at 54 yrs.old after 4 hospitals stays in one year. High Functioning. Back in the late 90s my oldest child had to support me then the youngest moved in with us from my ex's house and then the second oldest who was on his own moved in. I worked off and on during that time, But, during the depressive cycle they treated me horribly except the youngest . All 3 of my children achieved their goals in life.Note: I have a wonderful gift "children" I have babysat all my grandchildren with specific rules I cannot cook or clean while the children are up and about (Focus). My oldest my daughter has helped me by saying things like you need medication etc. but its also used as an excuse at times when she disagrees with me and I'm on meds. As I got older after the DX I cannot work and till my divorce I was a stay at home Mom. I had worked in offices after the divorce till 2004 then I was homeless and living in shelters and I still baby sat my grandchildren. I have received SS and SSI until I became 62 when my ex's SS kicked in which is still leaving me at the poverty level. Since now it is used up paying doctors.no more Medicade. Checked with Medicade they say I am over the limit for Medicade. My grandchildren are wonderful sources of pure joy and delight and I would have probably not associated with my children had it not been for them.
Any advise on the working part since getting ready to go work brought an enormous amount of stress to me I would spend an hour doing my hair etc.and now when stressed I go into a tail spin.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 91 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.