Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
My feet OT
ddnos posted:
Some of you may know that though I've had bad feet for most of my life, the past few months they have been especially painful and I haven't been able to walk very much at all. So I saw my Podiatrist and I already knew that I needed new orthotics, but he told me about some new kind that he has been custom prescribing for about the past 10 years. He said that they have been far better than any orthotic that he's used over the 30+ years he's been practicing.

So he fit me for them and I've had them for only a little less than 2 weeks, and OMG, from the very first day I wore them up till now, my feet don't hurt like they were! They've been a little sore from time to time simply from wearing the new orthotics, but the pain that I was experiencing is gone! And, since i haven't been wearing them very long yet, it's expected that they will feel even better with time! I'm so friggen thrilled because I was afraid that I wasn't going to be able to walk very much any longer, which was going to drive me nuts having to stay inside and off my feet so much! They were a bit pricey, but worth every penny, but I found out that my insurance may even be paying for a majority of the cost! I will find out within the next week or two! That would be nice if they do!

Ok, off to get ready for my appt this morning!

Have a great day, everyone!

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

ibex7 responded:
DDNOS,

Glad to hear you are happy today. Sorry you have suffered from foot pain for so long and I'm delighted to hear of a treatment that promises to cure the problem. It reminds me of a funny thing about the name of my dentist's office building.

Wait for it. He shares his office with a podiatrist and the place is called "Hudson and Burns Hoof and Mouth Clinic".
Cute, huh? Also enjoy the new, mature pic.

Neck Nuzzles
Sometimes you don't mean to say what you mean to say you mean.

ibex7 responded:

See?
You wouldn't be planning to take dance lessons for a wedding reception sometime soon?
Eat lots of veggies and think of me often. Hee hee

Goat

ddnos replied to ibex7's response:
LOL That's a perfect name for that office! LOL Too much! lol

Yeah, I'm sure glad these orthotics work so well! I couldn't be more pleased!

Like my picture, huh? lol That's my "Debbie in the hood" picture! lol
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

ddnos replied to ibex7's response:
Yes, I need some serious lessons lol

flasunshine62 replied to ddnos's response:
I love your sense of humor Debbie.

ddnos replied to flasunshine62's response:
Thank you I think having and keeping a good sense of humor is important to maintaining a good attitude about life in general. You?

ibex7 replied to ddnos's response:
Thanks for your wit, Debbie.

flasunshine62 replied to ddnos's response:
I totally agree with you and it also helps others whom are feeling down and come on this site and read different peoples ways of dealing with their problems... It has a positive effect for me anyway. One lady I was speaking with told me she had gone through CBT and I was very interested in trying it myself ...she would refer to her inner cheerleader when she was feeling very low. Once I had to lean on her inner cheerleader to get myself through a rough spot ..I'm still working on finding mine.. but she was very gracious to help me through the dark and back to the light.

Thank you for being you ! Your posts have helped me many times and puts a smile on my face quite often.

ddnos replied to flasunshine62's response:
Wow! That's nice to hear! That's always my hope when I post anything here or anywhere, i.e. that my words would somehow help, give hope to, put a smile on their face, etc., so it's nice to know that at least some of my words have done that for you!

I'm glad you have a friend who has been helpful for you in your time of darkness! It always helps to have someone to lean on from time to time, eh?

Debbie

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

JUST BREATHE!!!!
I did it! I'm where I need to be. I'm in waiting room, listining to a suggested song~ Fast Car ~ My all time fav. Thanks for the reminder. ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.