Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Check In Time/ poss. triggers
bpcookie posted:
Hey my dahling Beepers, Thought it would be nice if everyone checked in and told a bit about themselves.

I live in Arizona and have a cute little dog. My hobbies are playing LOTRO and making stuff, craft things. Im a horrible cook and over cook or burn dinner usually. My hubby is used to it. I found out that I was Bipolar about 15 yrs ago and I have been pretty stable for the last 7 yrs. I have too many health issues and a bunch of ouchies and boo boo's.

My fave. color is usually black. I love my hubby, dog and daughter very very much. I like to watch tv and movies with my hubby and we both play LOTRO together.

Anyways, thats me. Tell me about you.
Please join my community called GRUMPY GROUPIES ( http://exchanges.webmd.com/grumpy-groupies ) Fun and serious topics, nothing is taboo. So get on over there. Weirdo's are welcomed.

slik_kitty responded:
cooooooooooookie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how ya doin? been a while since i've seen you post here. hugs

skypper responded:
My name is Sky and I used to come here a lot, like every day a lot. But I've never been good at keeping up with things and hard as I try I keep forgetting, not forgetting my friends but my memories so foggy I forget to come look and log in... Plus my laptop died so all I have is my phone to explore the world wide webs these days... I have 3 awesome kiddos who are my lifelines, 2 adorable doggies, 2 moody kitties and a bf who I'm in a long term relationship with.

I've really missed everyone here and I hope, I always hope, that you All are doing okay Also anyone here can always email me anytime at my email addy tiggerlakes@hotmail.com or text me also anytime if you've got my number, I'm not a big talker so I dnt make phne calls very often and when I do my hear date shoots up like a rocket, I know this because I've been wearing a heart rate monitor for exercise and often forget to take it off after and in doing certain activities I have noticed several things that cause my hr to jump and trigger the alarm on my device.... I guess they call that anxiety? Lol Big surprise, right?

Anyhoo... There's a little about moi Loving, dreaming, hoping, forgetful, absent-minded me
~Sky~
I had to fight like hell and fighting like hell has made me what I am.

slik_kitty replied to skypper's response:
hi sky!!!! good to see you!

skypper replied to slik_kitty's response:
Hiya kitty!!! Always good to see you too
~Sky~
I had to fight like hell and fighting like hell has made me what I am.

davedsel responded:
Hello everyone.

I still read often but post very infrequently. I live in Western New York with my wonderful wife, two young adult sons, 3 dogs and 4 cats. My wonderful wife was just approved for SSD due to a back injury that happened at work over 2 years ago. She is still trying to work out her Workers Compensation case with the help of a great new attorney.

I was diagnosed as having BiPolar in 1998 after a 3-day stay in a local hospital's psychiatric ward. I have learned how to control the depression and manic feelings without medication.
My faith and family are very important to me and help me to maintain a positive attitude despite many health problems. I feel abundantly blessed.

bpcookie replied to slik_kitty's response:
Hey there Slik honey, Im doing ok-ish. Need to see the Dr. to see if he wants to do any more surgeries since the last surgery didnt fix the problem. But other than that, things are good. Ive been keeping busy making jewelery, when ever my body allows me to.

So my dahling Slik, how are you? Did you get your Christmas card? smoochies
Please join my community called GRUMPY GROUPIES ( http://exchanges.webmd.com/grumpy-groupies ) Fun and serious topics, nothing is taboo. So get on over there. Weirdo's are welcomed.

jselleck replied to bpcookie's response:
Cookie so sorry to hear that the latest surgery didn't work. Hope your doctor can still do something for you. Matt and I got your card, it was the first one we got this year. We really like it. Your's is in the mail and I hope you like it also.

jselleck replied to davedsel's response:
Hi my name is J, or Jessica, I answer to both. I live in the DFW area of the great state of Texas. I've been here 9 years as of Feb and diagnoised bp the same amount of time as of March. I'm married to my wonderful college sweet heart Matt, and we have two fantastic cats Jack and Peabody. Peabody is a very special cat. Not only does he play fetch, but he taught himself to pee in the toilet. Pretty smart cat, uh? I'm a stay at home wife and my husband does security for a company in Dallas. I like to read, play on the computer, and cook. I even make a pretty mean meatloaf. My favorite color is blue, but I look best in red. Well, that's what Matt says at least. Family is very important to me and so are my friends.

ddnos responded:
Hello mates!

I'm Debbie and I live in WA State - yes, that would be the state where the best football team in the league this season resides, the Seattle Seahawks! lol Not that I care a rats behind about football, but just had to mention it! lol

I am a loner by nature, but enjoy being with people on my terms. I love to give and to do what I can to help people in whatever way possible.

I was diagnosed with bipolar 2, DDnos, and Social phobia (anxiety) however many years ago - probably about 20 - have been on meds since then and have been fortunate enough to have found 2 meds that have worked for me over the past 22 years - tho one of them is currently giving me a bit of grief!

I have lived with chronic (body) pain for approx the past 30 years or more, and just unlike a good wine, has gotten worse with age.

I am currently on disability until I can get my medication issues under control - which is frustrating.

I don't have any pets, but I want to get a kitty one of these days - I've lived at the same appt complex for 25 years (I don't like change lol)

My family avoids calling me on the phone at all costs because they say I talk too much. lol Can you believe that? Me? Talk too much? That's not the problem! The problem is that they don't talk enough!!! Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!

However, I must admit that I do have those moments where I drive even myself crazy from talking too much - but that's only the times when I'm more hyper! My talking goes in to hyper drive at that point, and then I want to hide from myself too! lol Heck, I'm doing it now - you just don't have to listen to the annoying sound of my voice -just the annoying letters of my words.....Huh? lol

Ok, I'm done! I don't even know what I just wrote and I'm not going to re read it to find out! I'm just going to hope that I didn't reveal any embarrassing secrets or anything like that. lol

Done!

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

bpcookie replied to jselleck's response:
I just got the card yesterday. Thank you so much sweetie.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Medications for BPD
Please get a second opinion if you have chronic problems with your BPD medication. I changed doctors and got a proper diagnosis from ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.