Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
So much fun - Not!
ddnos posted:
Well, I have 2 free, half hour consults with tdocs this week - one via phone (today) and one in person (wed). I sure hope that one of those two turns out to be the one I choose to be my therapist because I'm getting tired of looking. The way the process has worked so far, if I get to the point of a phone consult, unless it's obviously not a fit, then the next step is to make a first real appointment to see if maybe we would be a good fit. But this time I think I'm going to wait re my phone appt today until I see the tdoc on wed because the Wed appt has the upper hand because she's in person. lol If I like her, then I don't think I will bother with making a first appt with the other one because I'd have to pay for that one. I don't mind paying for it, but not if I don't have to - i.e. if I know that I like the Wed tdoc. This is really so much fun and recommend it for everyone - NOT!

Wish me well re finding a tdoc this week!

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

reneegigliotti responded:
Good luck!!!

ddnos replied to reneegigliotti's response:
Thank you!
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

slik_kitty responded:
so how did the phone consult go?

ddnos replied to slik_kitty's response:
Hey Kitty,

Well, the phone consult went fine. It's really hard for me to tell much of anything over the phone though - but at least I could tell that she was "fine enough" to have an in person appt with her, which I have tomorrow.

I emailed my former tdoc with the info on each of the 2 tdocs and she said that she thought the opposite one that I thought had the more knowledge and experience. lol I now wish I had not emailed her with that info because I don't want to be influenced by her at all. Not because I don't trust her because obviously, I do, but because I don't believe that even she could choose the right tdoc for me. I think that I need something different from what I needed with her.

In other words, my gut has been leaning toward one of the 2 tdocs, and my former tdoc is leaning toward the other one. lol But I haven't seen either of them in person, but will see them both tomorrow, one after the other, and hopefully will know which one to choose - if either of them.

Thanks for asking
Debbie

reneegigliotti replied to ddnos's response:
Go with your gut. Chemistry is an intangible. Even a less credentialed therapist might be the better choice depending on intangibles like empathy, listening skills, temperament, etc. You'll know if it clicks. Trust yourself.

ddnos replied to reneegigliotti's response:
Thank you! I don't normally worry about stuff like this, but I'm actually a bit worried that I'm not going to know if I should see either of them. So I'm hoping that it will be a clear yes or no in my gut after I see them both!

slik_kitty replied to ddnos's response:
good luck! i hope one of them works for you!

ibex7 replied to ddnos's response:
Hmmmmm ~~~~~~ DDNOS,

Any change lately in your gut about matrimony?? You just cause me to keep trying. I hope you're flattered.
- goat
Sometimes you don't mean to say what you mean to say you mean.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
69 of 92 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.