Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Includes Expert Content
No energy, No motivation, Just want to sleep.
shane2020 posted:
Dr. G.

The current meds I am on are Loxapine 20mg, Lithium 1200mg, Lamictal 200mg, Cytomel, synthroid and Ativan 1mg. I do not have any energy for exercise or much of anything. I need to have mental clarity since I am entering Grad School this fall. I am also concerned with too much weight gain. I miss my daily five mile runs! Any suggestions? In the past I have been on Geodon which helped some short term but was destabilizing.

Joseph F Goldberg, MD responded:
Dear Shane, Of the three FDA approved medicines for bipolar depression, Latuda is weight neutral (Seroquel and Symbyax are not, and can be sedating). May be worth discussing the evidence-based treatments for bipolar depression with your doctor. Dr G

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

TO DROP MY WEIGHT, I DROPPED THE DIET SOFT DRINKS.
Been on Zonegran for about five years and a type II diabetic for 35 years using metaformin and insulin. It appears the jury is in for me on ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.