Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Includes Expert Content
Follow-up to my thank you note (Dr. G)
reneegigliotti posted:
I just wanted to let you know that you were absolutely right. When I saw my psychiatrist today, he was all smiles and he told me that my letter "made his day". He was cute (can you say that about your psychiatrist? LOL). Anyway, it spawned a really deep discussion about our almost 2 decade old therapeutic relationship. This is a man, who straight out of residency until now, has pealed me off of more walls and talked me off more bridges (literally and figuratively) than I care to think about. Yet, he said he's learned so much from ME over the years. I was the one leaving the office in smiles. Hey, it beats psychotic mania. It makes me so sad that so many people who post on this sight aren't blessed with the same kind of therapeutic support I have. In some ways you fill that gap for a lot of people. You do a good job and a valuable job. Hashem has a calling for all of us.

Joseph F Goldberg, MD responded:
Renee,

Dr. G.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
109 of 126 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.