Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Psychologist seemed agitated last time I saw her?
Anon_162468 posted:
Ok, I know without doubt that I'm no less or no more complicated than any other BP 1 case. However, throw in PTS, Anxiety, Borderline Personality d/o, & major depressive d/o to the mix, and I'm sure it is a handful for a psychologist to get through a talk therapy session with me.

However, last time I went, it seemed as if she was sort of, well, a bit "bitchy." May have been a misperception on my part of course. Could have been cuz I wasn't following my psychiatrist's medicine instructions. Could have been she was juts having a bad day. I'm trying to not take it personal, but am concerned that I may have done something wrong in therapy and have NO idea what that could have been.

Should I just "let it go" OR ask her about it?? Opinions desired here. I mean, what would YOU do?

Thanks!
~S

ddnos responded:
I would try not to read into it more than it is - but if it's going to bother you, I would for sure bring it up to her in a non-confrontive manner. Communication is always the best.
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

reneegigliotti responded:
Non adherence to medical instructions does tend to make a treatment team cranky. You may want to examine why you are not adhering to the recommended treatment. If you aren't doing your part it is extremely hard for her to do her part. Sounds like you need to have a compliance discussion and work on what the obsticles are for you that interfere with you following your treatment plan. Complex illnesses require a collaborative effort between you, your psychologist, and your psychiatrist. If you aren't doing your part, you need to examine why.

ssmiddy replied to reneegigliotti's response:
Okies to both of the above replies.

I will stay on track with meds and will ask her in a non-confrontational way wassssssup?

In the past I took all meds as prescribed without variance. Guess I need to get back to that mindset.

ginpene responded:
While it is very anxiety provoking, I always felt better when I addressed issues between me and my therapist directly. Like "I felt such and such when you said..." Always feared rejecting from someopne who knew me very well. Just my opinion, but it helped the process. Good luck. gp
GP2013

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Bipolar II or BPD?
I have been diagnosed with Bipolar II , OCD, Stress/Anxiety/Social disorders and am currently taking medication. I have noticed that my ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.