Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

    *No Dr Outside Contact Please*
    refusing to take meds/acting out
    An_255896 posted:
    admit to being lost and feeling helpless. my 16 year old daughter was diagnosed bipolar in Oct 2013. she was doing great for a while but is now refusing to see therapists and docs and is refusing to take her medication. in the last week, she has stolen money from me, smoked pot and snuck out of the house - these are the things that i KNOW about. i don't know what to do. i don't know where to go for help with this. she is very sensitive about any discussion about her diagnosis. any help is appreciated.
    designmom651 responded:
    I have it set up with my pdoc, therapist and my mom that if I am manic and acting a mess they can hospitalize me. I am 31 and do this for protection of myself. You should call her doctor and see your options being that she is a minor this may be a option. With out meds she will continue to spin worse and worse. The hospital is probably the best place for her to get the right treatment until she understands that she needs to be responsible for her life. Hope this helps.

    Featuring Experts

    Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

    Helpful Tips

    Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
    Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    116 of 133 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.