Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Questions ...
lrafferty posted:
Does anyone use DBT? What do you think?

Does anyone have ADHD/ADD too with their Bipolar?

Is anyone on FB?

ddnos responded:
I think that DBT can work wonders! I can remember the day clearly when that proverbial light bulb went off in my head when I realized that I can actually have more control over my feelings by my mind than I ever knew! It's liberating! We (as in everyone) put ourselves through so much grief emotionally that if we only had the tools to learn to do otherwise, we wouldn't be in reaction mode so much of the time.

Though I never knew what theory of therapy my tdoc was using (because it doesn't matter to me), but, among other theories, she consistently helped me with DBT over the years. It took a while for me to get it but when I did, it changed my life forever!

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

blessed8991 replied to ddnos's response:
I am clueless what is DBT?

slik_kitty replied to blessed8991's response:
dialectic behavior therapy. it teaches you how to live in the moment. i also had the ahah! moment like dd said. all of a sudden it just made sense and it worked. best therapy i ever did.

ddnos replied to blessed8991's response:
blessed, I added a link about DBT for you as reply to your post where you talked about your anxiety - as well as what i shared about it. Scroll down to tat post of yours and you will find that reply and link about DBT
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

blessed8991 replied to ddnos's response:
hey...where is the link???

ddnos replied to blessed8991's response:
roflol oooopssssssssssss! If I only had a brain! lol

Here it is

http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/cognitive-behavioral-therapy/basics/definition/prc-20013594

Sorry about that!

Debbie

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

JUST BREATHE!!!!
I did it! I'm where I need to be. I'm in waiting room, listining to a suggested song~ Fast Car ~ My all time fav. Thanks for the reminder. ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.