Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Treating mania outpatient. My psychiatrist is a patient man
reneegigliotti posted:
My psychiatrist has me on klonopin, 1 mg 3x daily, 4 mg of Risperdal (new drug) and 800 mg Seroquel in addition to lithium (1350 mg) and Depakote (2500 mg). I finally slept after 8 days of solid no sleep. I'm kind of in lala land right now, but less "delusional" so I'm told. I want to go back to work tomorrow. My psychiatrist is being noncommittal. The only thing keeping me out of the hospital, I guess, is that I'm following his instructions. He's been checking in several times a day. Slow progress=No admission. He says he knows me and my mania patterns. This isn't one that needs an admission even though it's been intense. I'm grateful. Confused but grateful to him.

ddnos responded:
I'm glad you are following your pdocs instructions, which is helping you stay out of hospital! Good for you! Do you think maybe taking one more day off work might be a good thing and just plan ot go back mid week wed if you feel you are doiong well enough? Just a thought. Don't want you going back to work too soon in case it might backfire on you, you know?

Take care of yourself today and do what you need to ground yourself so you can get ready to go back to work soon!

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
108 of 125 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.