Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
To Call Or Not To Call? What Would You Do? / poss. triggers
bpcookie posted:
Hello dahlings, I was out walking my dog and noticed a vehicle on the side of the road with the car door open. The woman in it was acting VERY odd. So I stop and asked if she needed help, at first she wouldnt look at me and by what she said, she did not want me there. As I was walking away she looked at me and OMG her face was covered with huge sores. It looked like she had road rash all over her face.I figured she was on drugs and I better get the Hell out of there.

One of my neighbors told me to call the police, the other neighbor said to stay out of it and dont get involved and my hubby told me to call the police but also to never to get involved in any situation like that again. So I called the police.

So Im hoping I did the right thing and that a group of druggies wont show up at my house.

So what would you have done?

p.s. My cousin was attacked in her car, in a busy parking lot and ppl just walked by and didnt help her. I dont want to be like those ppl.
Please join my community called GRUMPY GROUPIES ( http://exchanges.webmd.com/grumpy-groupies ) Fun and serious topics, nothing is taboo. So get on over there. Weirdo's are welcomed.

monkeybee responded:
Cookie,

No worries!!! I'm not sure what I would have done in that situation but it likely would have been the same thing! It sounds like you were pretty scared and I would have been too. I'd say you did the right thing. I'm sure they didn't follow you home and have no idea that you were the one who called. Don't sweat it at all!

ddnos responded:
I think you did the right thing! I know that I wouldn't want to be that woman in the car and needed help, but no one did anything. All you did was make the phone call so that the professionals could take it from there - so I think you did good!

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

bpcookie responded:
Monkeybee honey face, Thanks. Im glad that I did call the police because she may have been drugged up, or someone may have hurt her or it could have been anything. btw, LOVE your pic. honey. Now I know what you look like. bow-chicka-bow-bow.

Debbie Doodles Dahling, Thanks. Your right, calling and putting the situation in the hands of the professionals, it kinda takes it out of my hands. muahs
Please join my community called GRUMPY GROUPIES ( http://exchanges.webmd.com/grumpy-groupies ) Fun and serious topics, nothing is taboo. So get on over there. Weirdo's are welcomed.

monkeybee replied to bpcookie's response:
Thank you and ha! You crack me up. Now I just have 30 lbs of baby weight to lose. Can you still call it baby fat if your baby is 6 months old? Ha!

bpcookie replied to monkeybee's response:
Honey Bunny, you can call it what ever you want. When women have any bit of fat on their bodies, we tend to call it different things. Right now my fat is going to my booty and thighs. I think I will call it Poochy Pouches or Cookies Cute Chubbs. hehehe

monkeybee replied to bpcookie's response:
I've got the ain't no baby, baby belly and the weight misplace, on the face. ha!

ddnos replied to monkeybee's response:
You are beautiful, monkeybee - don't think you've ever put your picture in the id thingy
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

monkeybee replied to ddnos's response:
Thank you! You are beautiful, inside and out.

ssmiddy responded:
Would have gotten away ASAP and called the police as I was doing it...no waiting. That's just too odd, and I would NOT want anything like that in my neighborhood, whether she needed medical help, or was a criminal...either way, someone in authority needed to respond.

bpcookie replied to monkeybee's response:
LMAO

bpcookie replied to ssmiddy's response:
I dont know what ever became of her. I called the police anon.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
110 of 127 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.