Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
living in the moment...
blessed8991 posted:
A form of therapy was noted in someone
s post...like DMT... could we discuss that???

ddnos responded:
Do you mean CBT?
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

ddnos replied to ddnos's response:
Oooops, actually I think you mean DBT (Dialectical behavior therapy) - Kitty mentioned that - I'll let her know you would like to discuss it.

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

slik_kitty responded:
it's been about 10 years since i've done dbt. so i don't remember alot about it, other than it's about living in the moment and learning how to deal with problems on a day to day basis. it teaches you how to change your viewpoint so you can see the problems in a light that will help you to deal with them. as bipolars we often have skewed viewpoints and we don't see reality. with dbt you learn how to change that.

it was originally developed for people with bpd, but has been found to work well with bp. here's a link for more info.

http://www.nami.org/Content/NavigationMenu/Inform_Yourself/About_Mental_Illness/About_Treatments_and_Supports/Dialectical_Behavior_Therapy_%28DBT%29.htm

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Patience for the Holidays and every day life
Tips 1. Boredom can make it difficult to be patient. If you're waiting in the doctor's office and the only thing you can concentrate on is ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.