Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
First day back at work after mania
reneegigliotti posted:
I always am terrified "reentering" my job after a manic episode. It went pretty well. 3 of the MDs I work with had data for me. I had a new safety report to deal with and I prepared to deal with a new chemotherapy drug. Most people were welcoming and only a co-worker I am friendly with nudged me to ask if I was ok. I talked to my psychiatrist at lunch to let him know the transition was going well. He told me to keep with the klonopin until I see him tomorrow. I thanked him for not admitting me and being so patient. .He said, "I know you, as long as I'm comfortable you aren't in physical danger, I know we can work together out-patient". I feel heard and cared about. He has that effect on me.

ddnos responded:
Glad things went well for you and that you have a good pdoc that helped you to get there w/o having to be hospitalized!

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

bpcookie responded:
Hello Rene hun, so glad you have a good Pdoc. It makes all the difference. I have a wonderful one as well. Have been seeing him for about 10 yrs. Take care. hugs
Please join my community called GRUMPY GROUPIES ( http://exchanges.webmd.com/grumpy-groupies ) Fun and serious topics, nothing is taboo. So get on over there. Weirdo's are welcomed.

reneegigliotti replied to bpcookie's response:
I've been seeing mine for 18 years. I trust him completely and he trusts me. That's why our relationship works. He knows when I'm manic and delusional but not in danger vs. manic, psychotic and in danger. Even manic, he breaks through my fog. I hear him. He knows it too.

monkeybee replied to reneegigliotti's response:
I'm so glad you're first day went so well!

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

TO DROP MY WEIGHT, I DROPPED THE DIET SOFT DRINKS.
Been on Zonegran for about five years and a type II diabetic for 35 years using metaformin and insulin. It appears the jury is in for me on ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.