Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
This one is for the Ladies/Venting
designmom651 posted:
Do you find it way more challenging to control your emotions during "that time of the month". Because I have always been untolerable during the time right before I get it. PMS is for me I have always told my friends and family "If you think it is bad what is coming out of my mouth you should hear what is going on in my HEAD". It takes alot of self control to just "try" to keep my emotions (mostly anger and being highly annoyed).
Yesterday I took my 4 1/2 year old to our schelduled eye doctor appointment. We were waiting for over a hour, no kids play area and the place was a circus. My mood flew way over top and I was livid. Made a little scene letting them know that this is not made for a 4 1/2 year old to wait around for a hour and we could not wait any longer. I know it was a little scene. But guess what I have never waited for over a hour for any appointment, just poor service. But I do know had I not been PMSing it would of gone at least a little smoother. Like I kindly would of said we can not wait any longer virus throwing a fit and slamming evil eyes with the staff.

monkeybee responded:
It sounds like a fun visit to the eye doctor.

Yes, I absolutely become more emotional when I have PMS. Most of the time, I have very little anger. But when I have PMS, I rage, usually only on the inside. Once, however, I got so mad at my husband (because he brought the wrong groceries, no less) that I punched the wall then went in the bathroom and chucked the shower head at the wall. I lost my mind. Plus, I can sometimes even cry at commercials, lol.

designmom651 replied to monkeybee's response:
Same with me I really try to keep it in my head (as in almost everything annoys me). But I know that I show that I am not in a great mood, because it is hard to fake it. But with my family I am super short and tolerate very little BS. When I cry to commercials or tv I know I am at the tale end of my PMS. Lol.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 91 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.