Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Just some "yapping"
ssmiddy posted:
Okies, so I saw my new psychiatrist today. I did better than I thought I would with it, thank goodness, and he was better than I expected.
For about 3.5 weeks I've been cycling FAST, and have been super depressed for a few days now.
We discussed a few medicine changes that took place around the first of the year, and together decided that I needed some adjustments. I had been totally off of Lamictal, and was using what was, for me, a very low dose of Seroquel. Well, we are restarting the Lamictal, and he gave me a month's worth of Seroquel XR samples.
The guy was obviously trying to determine if I was in a state in which I might harm myself, which I am not, but I did appreciate the concern.
I taught him a new acronym (new for him), that being SNAFU (Situation Normal, All F'd Up), and he literally just didn't get it at first....I had to explain lol. Poor guy. Obviously no military background or familiarity with terms soldier's use, but that's not unusual so no big deal.

That reminds me of a question I have for you ALL: Who is/was the arrogant SOB that had the audacity to write a definition for the word "normal."

Every person's "normal" is different, and there are so many variables involved, that I believe the answer to it in a mathematical sense is simply "no solution." lol. There can not be an accurate definition for the word as I see it. We are all just too different. Normality is, by my definition, an unattainable lie.

I want to head to the mountains of SE Kentucky, set up a tent on a ridge wayyy up a mountain, and live off the land for about a month. THAT would settle my silly butt down. All I need is a tent and a fishing pole, my knife, rifle, and pistol, & I'd be good to go. Ohhhh that would be so very nice. Drink out of fresh mountain streams & springs, hunt & fish for food...sit by a nice little fire in the evenings...snooze in the peace of the wilderness....the ONLY thing I'd need be at all concerned about would be snakes. I hate snakes. Hence the pistol....lol.

Had a nice nap this evening. Odd for me to take one, but it sure was nice. I feel it was due to taking that first dose of Lamictal but not sure.
Hope to rest well tonight with the Seroquel XR....we'll see.

You all have a good evening/day/whatever
Out for now.
~Sean

slik_kitty responded:
so glad it went well. hope the med change works better for you.

ssmiddy replied to slik_kitty's response:
well thank you so very much! )) I appreciate that comment!
~S
~Sean

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

new
hello everyone.. new to this..hope to talk to others who knows how it is having bipolar. More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.